Queensland Community Care
Depending on the aged care services available at your location, you may be eligible to receive domestic assistance, personal care, assistance with shopping, home and garden maintenance, nursing, therapy and respite.
Our in-home services:
- domestic assistance, such as cleaning, washing and ironing
- personal care, including bathing, showering, dressing, toileting and grooming
- home maintenance, including changing light bulbs, fixing leaks and lawn mowing
- home modifications, like access ramps or bathroom equipment, and
- meals and other food services, including provision of meals, help with food shopping and food preparation.
Our community-based services:
- centre-based group activities, including excursions, tours and classes
- social support, including help from a support worker to attend appointments, or do shopping or banking
- transport, for help getting to shopping, appointments, or community activities, and
- goods and equipment, including loan or purchase of accessibility aids, wheelchairs or personal care items.
Our clinical services:
- nursing services, including help with medications and wound care, and
- allied health services, for example podiatry, physiotherapy, or advice from a dietician.
Our respite, counselling and carer support services:
- counselling support and advocacy, for you or your carer, and
- in-home or centre-based respite to provide a break for carers.
Our day centre services:
- includes opportunities for social support and inclusion such as culturally-based celebrations, group activities and social outings.
There are few greater pleasures for a parent than to see their child happy - no matter what their age might be. For Carol, seeing her adult son Dale happy, laughing and communicating with other people has, she says 'changed her life' and she credits Life Without Barriers for bringing about this change.